Rader Awning & Upholstering, Inc. provides a cleaning and treatment service for your awnings.
Awning care is easy, just follow these directions:
- Before cleaning any awning fabric, consult the fabric manufacturer for proper cleaning instructions.
- Brush off all debris.
- Clean from the bottom and work up.
- Gently scrub the awning and valance with a soft bristled brush and a mild soap such as dish washing liquid.
- Wash all parts of the awning. Missed spots show when dry.
- Thoroughly and completely rinse awning. Film left on the material will leave marks and a chalky residue.
- About once a month rinse your awning down with a garden hose and keep the underside clean by simply brushing with a clean household broom.
- Keep shrubbery and vines trimmed away from your awning, they contain acid that can damage fabric. In addition, check awning frames for rust. Though rust is not likely, it can cause deterioration of the frame and lead to fabric stains.
Or call Rader Awning & Upholstering, Inc. to schedule your awning cleaning/treatment appointment.
- Regular maintenance generally means a once-a-year cleaning, with additional care if stains or soilage appears.
Awning Care and Cleaning
A regular cleaning schedule starts the first year in which the awning is in service. Your awning professional can help by offering a regular maintenance contract. Also, remember that your awning is an exterior product. In the same way you wouldn’t leave your automobile outside without washing it for very long, you’ll also need to clean your fabric awning to preserve and extend its good looks and service life.